My last day at the show was a good mix of interviews with fixed income and equity advisors. The fixed income folks offered a positive outlook on the U.S.--and gold--but felt investors looking for income may need to "go out on the risk scale" a little, in order to obtain a decent income stream. They also warned against:
- Chasing stocks just for the yield; instead, make sure the companies you choose are fundamentally strong
- Laddering bonds--a strategy that no longer works with such low interest rates
- Buy and hold--with continued volatility, this strategy is no longer viable
- Large cap stocks, particularly in technology and finance
- Dividend-paying compaies
- Emerging market stocks, but very selectively
My interviews will be posted on http://www.moneyshow.com/ within the next couple of weeks, so make sure you login for the latest opinions and specific recommendations from some of the most-respected financial advisors in the marketplace today.